What is a case study video?
A case study video is an informative video used by businesses to showcase the effectiveness of their products or services. These videos help you demonstrate how your business can solve the real-world problems of your target audience. In this post we’ll explore the benefits of case study videos, what to include, and where to publish them.
The benefits of case study videos
Case study videos offer a wide range of benefits for your business. Firstly, case study videos have a higher rate of engagement. Potential customers are far more likely to watch a video than read a lengthy text-based case study. Case study videos are often more memorable and engaging for audiences when compared to traditional, text-based case studies
Secondly, case study videos are persuasive. As well as showing how your products or services can solve the problems of your target audience, they also provide an opportunity to show how your business is different to your competitors. This could be the way in which you provide your services, or how your products outperform others in your sector.
Finally, the combined benefits of case study videos help you to attract and convert new customers. This is because case study videos can provide your business with a higher level of authenticity by raising awareness around how your products or services have helped your existing customers.
What to include in a case study video?
If you’re considering creating a case study video for your business, start by finding examples of where you have achieved success for your customers, either through a product, service, or process. These examples will need to have measurable results so that you can demonstrate what you could achieve for a new customer.
When it comes to the structure of your case study video, there are three key areas to include:
- The Problem – In this section it’s important to introduce your existing customer and the problem they were facing. It may be that you focus on their goals and what stood in their way of achieving them.
- The Solution – In this section you’ll focus on the solution you provided. This will revolve around your product or service. It could also include what made your business best placed to provide the solution, such as your processes, expertise, or customer service.
- The Results – In this section it’s important to share the outcome and value of your product or service. Can you quantify the success of your solution with data, or include a testimonial from your existing customer?
The format of your case study video will depend on your business sector and target audience. For example, it could take the form of an animation aimed at a wider audience, or film footage with motion graphics aimed at a specific corporate demographic.
Where to publish a case study video?
The most common place to publish a case study video is on your business website. Examples of these pages include:
- On your homepage, ensuring all visitors see the video without having to navigate to other pages.
- On a page dedicated to case studies that includes case study videos for your work with other clients.
- On the specific landing page of your product or service.
Once the case study has been published on your website, you can then share it on your social media profiles. You can also include links to your case study videos in PDF marketing materials that can be share with prospective clients.
We hope that this has helped you to understand the benefits of case study videos, what to include in them, and where to publish them. If you’re considering developing a case study video for your business, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.